"A first-rate attorney”, and is considered among peers to be “a font of knowledge when it comes to maritime law."
- Whos Who Legal
Practice Areas:Maritime Law, Ship Finance, Corporate Law, Commercial Law, Banking Law.
Belisario J. Porras
Born Panama, Republic of Panama, June 15, 1970.
- Republic of Panama 1995.
- Santa María La Antigua University, School of Law (Bachelor in Law and Political Sciences, 1994).
- Boston University Law School, (LL.M. in International Banking Law, 1995);
- Costa Rica University, Instituto Manuel María de Peralta (Master in Diplomacy and International Relations, 1997).
- ULACEX Panama- Santiago de Chile University (International Diploma in Negotiation, Treaties and International Trade, 2001);
- Harvard University Law School (Program of Instruction for Lawyers- Negotiation Workshops, 2001).
- Official Public Translator of the Republic of Panama (English-Spanish), 1995
- Real Estate Broker License, 2003.
- "Análisis Jurídico del Contrato de Depósito en Cuenta Corriente Bancaria en la Legislación Panameña", Thesis, 1994.
- "The Central American Common Market: Panama's Alternatives for Economic Integration", Boston University, 1995.
- "Panama's Mutual Funds Regulation in Comparison with U.S.A., Europe and Asia", Boston University, 1995.
- Chambers & Partners
- Who's Who Legal Central America – Transport
- Best Lawyers in Panama – Lawyer of the Year 2017 (Maritime Law)
- Panama Bar Association
- Panama Maritime Law Association - APADEMAR (President 2016 – 2017)
- Maritime Chamber of Panama
- Panama-British Chamber of Commerce
- Iberoamerican Institute of Maritime Law
- Spanish, English, German (Intermediate) and French (Basic).