ENERGY & ENVIRONMENT
In 1996, the Republic of Panama began to restructure the electrical sector, through the enactment of laws and regulations to promote the development of competition in its activities. The only regulated activities are those, which by their very nature, cannot sustain competition and are open to monopolistic practices. The law contemplates the state's intervention only in cases of abuses of a dominant position.
Patton, Moreno & Asvat provides advice in the following aspects, but not limited to:
- General legal advice on energy laws and regulations
- Concession regimes for the construction, operation, transmission and distribution of energy
- Legal advisory on regulatory matters before the National Authority of Public Services (ASEP).
- Legal advice on licensing agreements and operations and purchase of energy
- Mergers and Acquisitions of energy companies
- Government Contracting
- Financing and joint venture contracts for energy projects
Nadya Price - email@example.com
Khatiya Asvat - firstname.lastname@example.org